Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reasons why I chose the ESCF-Ferrandi

After much research, inquiries and gazillion thought. This is what I came up with:

1. For the obvious fact that I am into French Pastry, thus where else to go but France.

2. Lenotre is another good school but you have to be able to speak French, Ferrandi has a Bilingual program , yes their recipes and exams will be in French but the program includes French language and culture, regional cuisine, wine classes. oooohh la la! I'd like to do Lenotre too for a specialized course (see you there Angela) as I adapt to their language and culture.

3. Rigid training from MOF chefs!

4. 10 students/class ratio = more personalized training

5. You have a 3-6 months stage ( their term for on-the-job-training) in different restos.

6. You will be qualified for taking the CAP licensure exams, this license entitles you to being called a certified french cook.

7. An add on is that it is more affordable than most schools.

I am hopeful this list expands as I begin my classes.

5 comments:

  1. Im excited for you:)..glad you made that big step and made this blog,you have no choice now but to update it all the time..hehehehe

    when are you actually leaving?..hope to see you before you leave..*crossing fingers*

    LIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I have just sent my application off for the course in September...Fingers crossed for me, I hope to get in, and it sounds like you made the right choice...how is it going? Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Jason,

    Yes, i made the right choice,it is worth every euro spent. Program is very intensive.80% of your time is practically spent on hands on training.I hope you make it to the September list, at the max, they get 12 for cuisine and 10 for pastry.I'l be writing my next blog soon to give updates! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I'm in the process of applying to go to Ferrandi this Sept. I'm really scared but excited for my journey ahead, I came across your blog on google and I think its so wonderful how you are writing this experience down. I just wanted to tell you that your insider's view on the whole process is extremely helpful!

    I really hope you will continue to update this blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Orange,

    I'm going to Ferrandi in Sep'11 course and found your post that you've attended the school. Now, I'm having a bit of difficulty in making decision to look and book for the housing. Do you have any suggestion about the housing and the school itself?

    ReplyDelete